There’s no stopping affiliate marketing. It’s a $7 billion business – and it’s generating income for you.
At least, you hope it is.
Maybe you’re new to affiliate marketing, or maybe you’re looking to tweak your existing efforts. Either way, you need some affiliate marketing ideas to take your affiliate programs to the next level.
If you’re missing your affiliate marketing goals, don’t worry. We’ve got some tips to help you take your affiliate marketing to the next level.
Consider Using a SaaS Affiliate Management Platform
If you’re into SaaS (software as a service) affiliate marketing, you can make the process much easier with ccplatforms. These SaaS management platforms help control, manage, and optimize your SaaS marketing and affiliate programs.
Depending on the platform, they may offer features such as:
- Discount coupons or codes
- Email templates and/or email campaign editors
- Dashboard customization
- Third-party app integration
- Other quality of life and automation features
Many of these also offer tiered pricing, so depending on your needs the price for each platform will vary. If you’re already working within the SaaS space, it’s worth at least taking a look at some of these platforms and seeing which one is right for you.
Create Great Content
No one’s going to see your affiliate ads unless you create great content and drive people to your site. So how do you do that?
Here are a few quick tips for creating great content:
- Create evergreen content – content that is timeless and always valuable
- Create relevant content around your affiliate products and services – relevant is the keyword here
- Create trending content – make your content based on trending or popular topics
Finally, make sure you’re consistently creating content.
Know What Your KPIs Are
You can’t be good at affiliate marketing if you don’t know your KPIs. KPI stands for key performance indicator. KPIs are metrics used to determine how well your marketing is doing.
A few KPA metrics you should be aware of include:
- CTR or click-through rate – a metric that compares the number of vies to the number of clicks
- Revenue by traffic source – a metric detailing the revenue from various sources
- Conversion rate – the number of conversions (i.e. downloads, newsletter signups, etc.) compared to the number of clicks
- Average time spent on a page – the average time visitors spend on a specific page
These are just a few of the more commonly used KPIs. Depending on your business, you may also want to consider the average order value, gross vs. net orders, and year-over-year growth.
Knowing what your KPIs are is essential since they help you identify what you are doing right and what could be improved upon. For example, if your conversion rate is low, you can fine-tune it for greater conversions.
A conversion rate could be improved through better landing page design, a more convenient checkout experience, or better pricing. Click traffic is important, but it needs to lead to conversions.
Use These Affiliate Marketing Ideas for Better Marketing Strategies
For the best results, make sure to incorporate our affiliate marketing ideas into your marketing plans. Affiliate marketing can be a powerful marketing technique, but only if you have a strategy. Throwing everything at it without knowing what you’re doing wastes time and can damage any trust you have with your site’s visitors.